Friday, July 6, 2012

July Heat

It's getting hot in here...

I hope y'all enjoyed the full month of posts in June. As you can see, I'm already slacking in July--just got back from a business trip and a little vacation... 

However, my favorite sporting event is about to begin! (No, not the MLB All Star Game--that's a close second). The Olympics! I'm a huge fan. I love the pomp. The circumstance. The human drama of athletic competition... and the amazing athletes. Not only for their amazing bodies, but their skill and dedication to athletic perfection.  So, expect two solid weeks of hot guys showing up during the London Olympics.

Speaking of perfection... 


On the subject of The XXX Olympiad: These were to be the San Francisco Olympics. SF made a fantastic presentation, but then New York pulled the "9/11 card" and the US committee awarded the official US entry to New York... who arrogantly called themselves "The World's Capital"... which totally pissed off pretty much everyone on the selection committee (plus, they did NOT have their shit together--no stadiums, no backing, it was a mess).  So the games went to London.  I don't know if SF would have won in the end, but I feel we were bumped out by a bunch of assholes.  No telling when they'll be in North America again... I hope SF gives it another try. I think it would be awesome for one of the most beautiful cities in the world to have the greatest games in the world.

/rant

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy watching the Olympics also, but given how all the recent locations have gone way over budget, I am just happy to let other nations foot the bill instead of us taxpayers.

    ReplyDelete